Hi,

        I have had a similar issue before. This problem was caused by
reboot of AR System Application servers and MidTier servers. Reboot of
MidTier was scheduled to start only 5 minutes after AR System server
reboot, this time was too low to completely boot up the Application
Servers. This caused that force change password configuration not to work
via MidTier. If you check this feature should work fine via the User Tool.

Thanks
Shiva Velicheti