Hi,

Apparently you would want to have some kind of registration process which
identifies the user and verifies the email address. You need to store this
somewhere. Either as a record in the user form, or somewhere else.

Whenever a user logs in he needs to supply a password or use some other kind
of SSO mechanism.

You can build an AR External Authentication plugin, or leverage an existing
one, to verify users that do not exist in the User-form. You would then give
them a READ licenses, and given that you populate the Submitter fields with
the users login name, he can update these records. You can then also use
simple row-level access to make sure they only sees their personal records.

If you want to give them access through Mid-Tier, through a third party
solution or through your home grown thing, is up to you.

If you are on version 9, the REST interface might be nice to work against.

Ask the Remedy Licensing Experts (Best R.O.I. Award at WWRUG10/11/12/13):