First - thank you Daniel for a whole lot of work for some pretty nebulous
rewards over the years :)

Second - I think I have the same concerns.  I have at least 8+ years of the ARS
list archived and indexed in a local PST file.  Whenever I run into a problem
the very first thing I do is search that.  More than once I've found my own
answer to a problem from 2-3 years ago, and many times I've found the thing I
was looking for from other people.

Searching BMC's site is not the same experience.  I have gotten very frustrated
with some things and explained this to our premiere support manager where I
will search for an exact specific phrase and get zero results, only to find
that exact phrase later in all caps, or not in caps, or even a few times
exactly matching.  The indexing needs to be improved - a LOT - for me to even
begin to compare it to this.

The other thing is I'm not nearly as active as many members are but there are
many days I'll open the list, peruse the titles quick, and then close it if I
can't help.  I don't ever do that with Communities - ever.  There's no friendly
version of that - even an email digest version is just going to get "Cluttered"
by Outlook since I'll rarely read it (Linked In's emails have already suffered
this fate....).

I  bring that up just to put it out there if you are listing community concerns
with your discussion with BMC as this goes on.  The arslist has been, without a
doubt, the single best resource I have ever had available for work with any
line of products I have ever worked on.  I knew it's day would come, and it
will be missed.

William Rentfrow
wrentf...@stratacominc.com
Office: 715-204-3061 or 701-232-5697x25