From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Jiri Pospisil
Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2006 5:03 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Import In Place - Timeout During Database Update

** **

Isabel,

I have never used the in place feature for importing a form, but what is
happening at the background, I believe, is that the underlying database table
is being copied without the column and once copy has been created, the original
table is dropped and the copy renamed to take place of the original table (this
is what happens when you delete a field manually).

It may be the case, that for every single field which has been removed the in
place import goes through this routine.

I would suggest switching on SQL logging on the server (if possible) and
checking what is happening. You can find out which statement is causing the
timeout.

Alternatively, you can log in directly to the database and check the underlying
table (Txxx) corresponding to the form to see what its status is.

You can check its number of columns and also if there is any table with similar
name, i.e. something like TxxxTMP.

Hope this will give you some hints on where your import currently is.

Regards

Jiri Pospisil

Technology Support Systems

▪T▪ ▪ ▪Mobile UK▪