From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Dave Barber
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2016 9:49 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Application-Query-Delete-Entry

**
All,
I'm trying to figure out the syntax required for Application-Query-Delete-Entry
.... (Server is running ARS 7.5)
Trying to keep an "archive" of emails - we have a requirement to keep 6 months
worth in the system (audit trail, proof of sending, etc.), and the form was
actually turning out to be the largest on the system (over 7 million records -
I manually deleted the older ones via the user tool, that is not fun!).
In an active link, just trying a simple
 $PROCESS$ @@:Application-Query-Delete-Entry "AR System Email Messages" '3' <
($TIMESTAMP$ - (86400 * 75))
The 75 is related to a test system and the data that is on it (would obviously
be changed on live).  The query itself is fine against the email messages form,
it just comes up with a qualification error when run via the active link.
Any suggestions?  I could try an alternative using Application-Delete-Entry
<form> <record ID> and table walking, but that'll be horrendously inefficient
in comparison to Application-Query-Delete-Entry.
Regards
Dave Barber
This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of
the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender and delete all copies. Any review or distribution by others is
strictly prohibited. Personal emails are restricted by policy of the State
Employees' Credit Union (SECU).  Therefore SECU specifically disclaims any
responsibility or liability for any personal information or opinions of the
author expressed in this email.