Using the RRR|Chive method I started to delete 2.5 million (2,449,811 to be
exact) Email Messages one evening and it was finished the next morning when
I returned.

I just looked the run time from the logs. It took 7.5 hours. It put some
extra (CPU) load on the system but I didn't notice any performance decrease
in the UI. If you need you can specific a nicepausetime setting to lessen
the load.

Jason