From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Dave Barber
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2016 6:49 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Application-Query-Delete-Entry

**
All,
I'm trying to figure out the syntax required for Application-Query-Delete-Entry
.... (Server is running ARS 7.5)
Trying to keep an "archive" of emails - we have a requirement to keep 6 months
worth in the system (audit trail, proof of sending, etc.), and the form was
actually turning out to be the largest on the system (over 7 million records -
I manually deleted the older ones via the user tool, that is not fun!).
In an active link, just trying a simple
 $PROCESS$ @@:Application-Query-Delete-Entry "AR System Email Messages" '3' <
($TIMESTAMP$ - (86400 * 75))
The 75 is related to a test system and the data that is on it (would obviously
be changed on live).  The query itself is fine against the email messages form,
it just comes up with a qualification error when run via the active link.
Any suggestions?  I could try an alternative using Application-Delete-Entry
<form> <record ID> and table walking, but that'll be horrendously inefficient
in comparison to Application-Query-Delete-Entry.
Regards
Dave Barber