I started learning Java early last year since the platform is now Java as
well as I wanted to be able to write plugins. I also figured it will not
only help with my Remedy career but would also be a good skill to have in
case I need to make a living doing something other than Remedy. Fortunately
the new direction with Innovation Suite aligns very well with that path. I
have added learning AngularJS and even Node.js to my short list of things
to learn in the next month or two.

One thing to keep in mind (for those that might not know), you do not need
other programming skills to work with Innovation Suite. You can build
views, data models and workflow (processes and rules) today without any
programming. The reason there is so much talk about other programming
languages is because Innovation Suite makes it very easy to use (and reuse)
"components" that give extra functionality that the tool doesn't natively.
The idea is with a little time, the BMC Marketplace (marketplace.bmc.com)
will have components/modules/whatever that others built in other
programming languages (and probably even some built in Innovation Suite)
that you can download and use on your system.

Jason