-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Candace DeCou
Sent: Wednesday, 03 January, 2007 03:22
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Perfomance Metrics - How do measure this?

You know the problem with performance metrics is that the diff between
Assigned and Resolved time doesn't necessarily reflect the real amount of
time that it takes a tech to work a ticket.  We try very hard to get our
techs to actually fill in the Time Spent fields (on Help Desk case
form) since that gives us a better overall view into how long specific types
of cases take to resolve.  All my management reports now include the Total
Time Spent field and it is used to gauge the amount of time our 1st, 2nd and
3rd level support are spending working issue types.  At a minimum, you are
on the right track; but it always fails in the end because techs get a
ticket (Assigned), may or may not work it immediately, spend some time on
it, then eventually Resolve it.  So the real metric you are capturing is
only how long a ticket was opened before it was resolved, not the real time
it takes a tech to work an issue.
Just my humble opinion, but hope it helps.
:)
Candace