James,

It's a pretty straight forward setup.

This sight has pretty good instructions on setting this up.  The instructions
are older, but it applies to newer versions as well.

https://ashrafhossain.wordpress.com/2010/09/20/how-to-configure-iis-7-and-tomcat-redirection-on-windows-server-2008-64-bit/

How to Configure IIS 7 and Tomcat Redirection on Windows
...<https://ashrafhossain.wordpress.com/2010/09/20/how-to-configure-iis-7-and-tomcat-redirection-on-windows-server-2008-64-bit/>
ashrafhossain.wordpress.com
Link Tomcat 6.0.18 with IIS 7.5, How to Configure IIS 7 and Tomcat Redirection
on Windows Server 2008 x64

I always use IIS and Tomcat.  It gives some flexibility and usually the
learning curve is easier then going the apache route.  You can also easily
setup IIS to force SSL.  Certs are easy to apply in IIS.  I'm not sure if the
load balancers and IIS need the certs or if you can just load them on the load
balancer side.  I would think IIS would still need to the certs loaded.

Good Luck,

Brian