Chad,

So what you're saying is, in order to perform an integration between Remedy
and a third party system, you had to build a Java application and write some
API code?

We do very much the same thing and essentially allow Remedy to do nothing more
than making a simple WS call to the gateway, and that takes care of
communicating with a third party device. We have a framework that handles a
bunch of scenerios and writes status information back to an entry in Remedy
so it can be checked through workflow. We concluded that, in the case of
sending (XML) messages to a third party, there were far too many scenerios to
model that using workflow was impossible. But, our requirement was slightly
different in that we were sending an XML document to a third party, and not
necessarily making a webservice call to the third party.

John

http://www.javasystemsolutions.com/ - "It's all about the architecture."