Hello Listers,

ARServer:ARS 6.03.00 Patch14
ARSystemDB: Remote MS SQL cluster running SQL 2003
Remote Linked DB: MS SQL 2000
MSDTC on SQL 2003 server is set to allow remote access.
ardb.cfg has the xact_abort parameters set to ON

I've gone through much of the ARSList archives and tried many of the
suggestions to get this working.

I have the Linked Server set up on my ARSystem DB, I have xact_abort
settings in the ardb.cfg, I can use query analyzer to run the SQL
statement as it exists in the arsql.log. That works. I actually perform
an insert into the remote DB from the ARSystem SQL Server.

The arsql.log also lists "WARNING * Unable to start a nested transaction
for OLE DB provider 'SQLOLEDB'.  A nested transaction was required
because the XACT_ABORT option was set to OFF. (SQL Server 7395)OLE DB
error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'SQLOLEDB'
ITransactionLocal::StartTransaction retur" that get scut off here.

I have the ARAdmin account created on the remote nonARS DB with the same
password and the ARAdmin account is in the dbowner permissions there.

I'm guessing my only solution is to run the SQL statement as a scheduled
Job and pull the info from ARSystem DB. And perform a DB backend update
on my ARS form to set an integer flag.

If anyone has any hints I would be most appreciative. Sorry, I'm not in
the market for 3rd party add-ons. Management spent all of the budget
Christmas shopping ;^>

John J. Reiser
Software Development Analyst
Remedy Administrator/Developer
Lockheed Martin - MS2
The star that burns twice as bright burns half as long.
Pay close attention and be illuminated by its brilliance. - paraphrased
by me