Try adding a -t before the -i to your armonitor.cfg and see if the start up
trace log gives you any clues.

Output will be written in the 2 startup trace files created when the AR
Server service is started- "arstartup_trace-YYYY-MM-DD-tt-mm.log". These
files are created in the DB folder.

For the entire article on how to do this...
https://communities.bmc.com/docs/DOC-97371

HTH

Brian Gillock