Hi Doug,

Thanks for responding.  That’s what I thought too, but there is something
strange in the “new” ARERR 90 I’m afraid.

I tried this on my laptop with no access to the server mentioned and got a
proper 90:

093701.357 E ARGetServerInfo returned an error 2.  Status messages: 1

093701.357 E ARGetServerInfo ==> 2, 90, Cannot open catalog; Message number =
90 cent-91 : RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out

Here’s what I got on the actual server box: (one with a specified RPC port and
the other not.  Both with the correct TCP port.

102931.002 q Server Type:     Remedy ARS

102931.002 q Server:    (  9) localhost

102931.002 q User:      (  8) ex004395

102931.002 q Port:            46262

102931.002 q RPC:             390600

102931.016 E ARGetServerInfo returned an error 2.  Status messages: 1

102931.017 E ARGetServerInfo ==> 2, 90, Cannot establish a network connection
to the AR System server localhost : RPC: Success

103108.327 q Server Type:     Remedy ARS

103108.343 q Server:    (  9) localhost

103108.343 q User:      (  8) ex004395

103108.343 q Port:            46262

103108.408 E ARGetServerInfo returned an error 2.  Status messages: 1

103108.409 E ARGetServerInfo ==> 2, 90, Cannot establish a network connection
to the AR System server localhost : RPC: Success

Note the “RPC Success” message vs. the Rpcbind failed message.

I’ve tried every combination of server name including localhost and its IP
address.  This was working prior to patch 5 being applied.

I added Client Type to RPC Restriction mapping:

Unidentified Client (0) to 390600 – which is the Admin RCP Port but I note we
have only one admin thread.  Image attached

Should I set that at the Admin thread or should I set that at another thread?

Meta-Update insists that the ARS User have admin rights though the other
utilities do not.  However some of their calls will fail if the user is not an
admin (such as an SQL read).  Presumably being an admin is unrelated to the
admin thread and I should change that RCP to one of the multi-threaded fast RPC
numbers.

I also tried various ClientTypes: driver and mid-tier.  But that also was to no
avail.  Driver also fails with the same error.

BTW.  That addition of Unidentified client was not set into the ar.cfg file.
We have centralized config in a two member server group.  I am “physically” on
the admin server and connecting through localhost generally.

Cheers,

Ben