From: ARSList <arslist-boun...@arslist.org> On Behalf Of Mueller, Doug
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2019 12:45 AM
To: ARSList <arslist@arslist.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] RE: Special characters in Run-If qualifications

Dustin,

You are right on your assumption.   You are saying the following

Zero or more characters followed by ONE of the characters E, X, T, E, R, N, A,
or L followed by the string " Web Form Submission"  (quotes here are just to
identify the string in my sentence) followed by zero or more characters.

Your string doesn't match that....

Try the following qualifier:

'Subject:__c' LIKE "%[[]EXTERNAL] Web Form Submission%"

Notice the [[] after the %.   This says to match the one character [   And,
since you no longer have an open [, the string EXTERNAL is just that, a string
you are matching.  And the closing ] has no special significance as there is no
opening [ that is trying to find a matching closing marker.

The issue is a typical challenge that you need to escape special syntax
characters in your search.

If similarly you wanted to match the character %, you need to put [%] in your
search string to say to find any of the characters between the [] and by there
being only one character %, it says to match the character %.   % doesn't have
special meaning within a [] control.

Anyway, try the search as I modified it above.  I think you will find that it
does what you are looking for.

Doug Mueller