Thanks Brian for your response.

We are considering Hierarchical group as an option. However the number of
customers we have are really huge, nearly 15k.

Associating 15k customers under a single/multiple parent group through HG
is really a huge activity considering the number of records (few million)to
be updated in background.

Is there any optimal way of carrying out HG parent -> child association  ?

Regards,
Dinesh