I've worked with this knowledge base for about 2-3 years now, when it
was still called KMR.  It utilizes Hummingbird SearchServer, while it's
great for text/natural language queries, it's more difficult to find
data regarding what you are exactly looking for here.

The reason you get more records for "KM-..." it is looking through the
entire document contents NOT the actual Document ID you are trying to
find.  So if the document ID "KM-000010005381" is mentioned in any
content it will increase that document's ranking.  What's more, is that
it will approximations, it will look for the substring "KM-" in the
content making the result sets even larger.

0 (zero) and the word "other" is a wildcard. *shrug*

Perhaps, a RFE should be submitted to request that a field be provided
that you can search by specific Document ID.  I know this is in the now
defuct KMR, I can't speak for RKM.

Regards,

Ryan