Why not a Change Request with 3 tasks that are dependent so that the first task
must be completed prior to the next task starting.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 8:47 PM
Subject: Change Requests for Dev/QA and Production

**
A client has a process by which most of their changes go through Development/QA
before they are implemented in Production.  We believe we have three options
for this within Change Management 7:
We submit two change requests, one for Dev/QA and one for Prod.  We would
create a button/link on the Navigation Pane of the Change Request form to
create a Production Change Request from the Dev/QA Change Request that would
copy the relevant fields from the Dev/QA Change Request into the Production
Change Request and relate the Dev/QA Change Request to Production Change
Request.
We use one Change Request and use the Status of Planning in Progress for the
actual planning, implementation in Development, and Testing in QA and add these
activities to the Status Reason Code for the Planning in Progress Status.
We create a Parent Change Request and then create two Child Change Requests,
one for Dev/QA and one for Prod.
Does anyone see an advantage to one method over the other?  Any other ideas?

Thanks for any and all insights.
Barb Siebert
QMX Support Services