I just had a ticket with Remedy Support on another issue, but all the -e option
is cause duplicates to be rejected. It will not merge the existing records. The
only way to do that is to create a second form and then use arimportcmd to
import to that form and have a filter with a push action to update the records
you want. If you can have the import file have the same entry id number you can
update all of the records and only have one record in the other form.

In our system we import the records and they all have the entry id of
000000000000001. Then we have a filter that pushes the data to the form we
want. It runs on a merge.

Hope this helps.
**

>>> Patrick Simon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Jan 11, 2007 7:59 AM >>>
Hi all,

I have a people form containing the (unique indexed) login name of all
employees plus some fields like email address and phone number.

I'm trying to daily import a HR-department supplied CSV-file into my system
containing people informatie like the previously mentioned fields. That
particular file I like to import into my system using arimportcmd version 6.3.0
using the -e option. My login name field is configured to have DBID: 240000005.

Command:
"E:\Program Files\AR System\Admin\arimportcmd.exe" -u <importuser> -p
<importpassword> -x <server> -m CDS -d "E:\Program Files\AR System\Home\ARCmds"
-e 240000005 -D 4 -t 3 -l "E:\Program Files\AR System\Home\ARCmds\import.log".

What I expect is the import using the 240000005 field as duplicate and
therefore updating existing records, but all I see is the attempt of creating
new records (which fails, since the login name field is unique indexed).

Can someone assist me on this?

Regards, Patrick Simon