We are exploring possibility of running two versions of ARS (5.1 and
7.0.01) instances and ITSM applications (4.0 and 7.0.02) on the same UNIX
box.

Old System:

ARS 5.1
Help Desk 4.0 (customized)
Change 4.0 (customized)
Database: Oracle 9.2 instance on another UNIX server

New System:

ARS: 7.0.01
CMDB 2.0.01
Service Desk 7.0.02
Change 7.0.02
Asset 7.0.02
Database: Oracle 10gR2 instance will be on another UNIX server

Server OS: Solaris 9

We want to install and run the new system on the same box (Solaris 9) as
the old system. We will keep the two systems running concurrently for a
while (i.e., a few months). The old system will be configured not to allow
any new ticket to be created. Users can only update and close non-closed
tickets in the old system. Eventually the old system will be shut down.

Does anyone see any potential problem with this setting? Any suggestion is
appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric