Dear Richard,
                   You can achieve this on the user client if you want to
do this process manually, You can go to Tools--->Options
---->Behaviours---->Limit Number of Items returned. Set this Field with the
number of records you would like the search to return now you can create a
simple macro to search on the create date field to get the appropriate
number of last N tickets. Hope this helps.

Another way is to create a .bat file which would take the Variable N as a
parameter and set the SchemasToRemember value for the ar.ini file for the
current user.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Roney Samuel Varghese