-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Carey Matthew Black
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2007 6:07 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Reg: MS Vista OS

Pavan,

Please open a support issue with Tech support about this.

On 1/16/2007 I was informed (by Tech support) of the following:
"
At this time it is expected that Vista will be added as a supported
platform for version 7.0.1 of the User Tool within 90 days of the
release of the operating system.  Currently there are no plans to
certify earlier versions of the User Tool with Vista.
"

So apparently "a currently supported version of the ARS client" will not
be ported to a new OS version when the OS vendor release a new version.
Apparently only the "latest version" will be ported. (And since this
client is only supported on "Windows", I will not accept that "oh it is
to much work to port it to every OS out there"
argument.)

I have no idea if there are any v7.0.1 ARS client talking to ARS v6.3
Server issues. But if there is even one, then I hope that all the
affected customers who may be affected by this BMC decision open ticket
right now and maybe... sometime in the next year... BMC will get around
to actually supporting the supported versions of their software.

<rant>
  I am a bit touchy about this one because I just saw that "support"
closed my issue WITHOUT PROVIDING A FIX FOR THE STATED PROBLEM.

The "support" we are getting from BMC does not appear to actually "fix"
anything these days. They just write down that at some point in the
future they are planning on having a fix, so that means that this issue
is now closed. (WHICH IS COMPLETELY WRONG. It is closed when the problem
no longer exists and not a second before that.)

Oh and BMC defined the "ship date" for Vista to be 1/20/07. Even though
it was released to "large customers" (AKA: "Microsoft Volume License
customer") in mid Nov 06!  So while I have people in my organization
using VISTA desktops in late December, BMC defines it as "not a problem"
until 1/20, and then they think they will have an answer ready around
4/20? How can they think that is acceptable?
</rant>

--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)

Love, then teach
Solution = People + Process + Tools
Fast, Accurate, Cheap.... Pick two.

On 1/23/07, Pavan Kumar Av (Consultant) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> **
>

> Hi List,
>

>             My Client is looking for upgrading his workstation from
present XP to MS Vista OS. As of now we are using ARSystem 6.3 on
windows server 2003. Please let me know if BMC has come up with 6.3 USER
tool compactable with "MS Vista OS".