-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Terry Bootsma
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2007 8:24 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: CMDB 2.0 and Incident Management

Mary:

I did something a lot easier.

I just created the relationship in AST:AssetPeople (by
submitting an entry into this form) and this worked just
fine.  In order to create the relationship, you will need
to get some key information from your asset form
(AssetInstanceId) and your people form
(PeopleGroupInstanceId).  This is the information that the
Incident Management application is looking for.  There is
no need to have CTM:People in your CMDB (even a federated
link) to provide this capability. The table on the
incident management form that displays the customers CIs
looks at a join table (AST:AssetPeople_AssetBase) which is
a join between AST:AssetPeople and
BMC.CORE:BMC_BaseElement.
See the email text below (original email) to see how to
create entries in AST:AssetPeople.

To fully understand how all this works, go to the Incident
Management Console, create a CI (with appropriate user
priviledges of course), and then relate it to a user.
 While doing this, turn on your filter logs and watch the
various forms that it queries/submits.

HTH

Terry

Terry