I would avoid raid 0 for db usage.  One drive failure means you will be
doing a restore.  If you have a good raid controller, raid 5 is the best
bang for the buck.  If no raid 1+0 is slightly more expensive, but has the
best of all worlds (striping for performance, mirroring for redundancy, and
no parity calculation overhead).

Strongly agree with point 3.  With trunking, there are several arrangements
you can consider, round robin, load balanced, failover, etc.

Networks are fun.

Axton Grams