-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Carey Matthew Black
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 6:59 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: (ISSXXXXXXXX, 3-Medium) SupID:XXXXXX (rant)

Mario,

Yes they should. However please use the Severity values correctly:

Ref:
http://www.bmc.com/info_center_support/overview/0,,19097_4736154_39703040,00
.html

"
Severity Level 1 = Critical Service Impact

Issue critically affects the primary business service, major application, or
mission critical system. Customer resources should be available and willing
to work on a 24x7 basis with BMC to resolve the issue. Characteristics of a
Severity 1 issue include:

  Business service is not operational
  Production system crashes
  Data integrity at risk
  Production backup and recovery operations fail.
"

Also please note that your BMC support contracts only really buy you defined
"Initial Response Goals" based on . ( Which simply is not "resolution
time".) Yes they do all they can to get you to resolution, but... there are
limits to the amount of effort they will devote to your issue if you are not
paying for the highest levels of support.
(And the sky is almost the limit to the "highest levels of support".
They do, last time I really looked, offer "custom support options" for those
companies who really want to spend +22% support bills per year too. Options
like... they will keep physical hardware with your custom application on it,
and actually support it. :) )

RE:
http://www.bmc.com/info_center_support/overview/0,,19097_4736154_39482584,00
.html