From: "Grooms, Frederick W" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Wednesday, February 7, 2007 7:36:23 PM
Subject: Re: RANT: Diary fields in a dialog box....

**
I believe that is the correct workflow for the system to do.

You are doing a Set Fields to the diary field.  That always puts that data into
the editable portion.

Why should it work differently on a Dialog than it would on a regular form?
How would the system know if you were wanting the data to be the historical
data or just pre-populating data for the user to add to?

Personally if I am doing something like that I put the historical data into a
display only (read only) character field.

Fred