You hit the nail on the head Axton..

That's exactly the root of my problems whenever I use diary fields on dialog
boxes.. If an original bit of workflow used matching Id's to set values into
it, the moment a diary field is added and has to be a part of that dialog
(which was my case here) booom... I have to make changes to workflow that sets
fields etc..

What I'm thinking of doing is almost close to your suggestion but I don't quite
like that idea of creating 2 display only fields, one read only for setting the
history part, the other display only for adding new stuff..

Workable but not screen smart on the aesthetic point of view when you are using
more real estate to do what could have been done OTB if reading and writing
data to and from both the editable and history part of the worklog fields was a
little smarter..

As Shyam Attavar, suggested I wonder if this would be useful to have as a RFE
as I really think this would save a lot of us a lot of sweat plus have our
dialog boxes containing diaries a function better without the need for creating
those unnecessary display fields...

Joe D'Souza
Remedy Developer / Consultant,
BearingPoint,