One more thing. Just to make sure anybody reading this thread in future is
not confused, my issue was NOT being able to get to the KB search window or
after getting there, NOT being able to even begin a search.

This issue is different from what Susan and Michelle reported, which
is..being able to do the search, but not getting expected results. That's an
issue for another day for me.