I can't speak to your licensing issues, but I do remember getting plugin
errors when I changed our server alias from the "real" machine name to an
alias.

The fix was to add the dns cname to the localhost file on the machine.
This is not the physical server name, but the alias.

127.0.0.1       localhost remedy-qa remedy-qa.cp.ad.kohls.com

hth,
tony

--
Tony Worthington
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Sullivan, Neil G CTR USAF AFRL/SNOD" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
02/12/2007 10:14 AM
Please respond to
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
cc

Subject
Server Alias

**
We recently changed the hostid on our server and purged the licenses to
the new hostid, but my users are getting the following error if I enter
the new hostname in the server alias field.
"ARERR [8760] Cannot establish a network connection to the AR System
Plug-In server : <server name alias> : RPC: Name to address translation
failed - No such hostname".
Where I have <server name alias> is the name I see when I go to File ->
Server information in the Remedy Administrator tool. This is not the
hostname of our current remedy server. It is the name of the old remedy
server. I tried to change the name from the Remedy Administrator tool
which it let me do, but when I try to log in after restarting the service,
I get this error from Remedy Administrator:
"This version of the Action Request System(R) is ready for us eor
evaluation without purchasing or activating an authorization key. For
unlimited capabilities, contact your sales representative or visit
www.remedy.com.
(ARERR 2877)
<server alias I have changed to / current hostname>"
Under C:\Program Files\Common Files\AR System\Licenses there is a folder
with the old hostname. Do we need to reapply the licenses after chaning
the server alias? Will this fix the original error that it cannot connect
to the Plug-In server?

Neil "Sully" Sullivan
Remedy Developer/Administrator
AFRL/SNOD
Wright Patterson AFB, OH 45433
937-904-9788
it___

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This is a transmission from Kohl's Department Stores, Inc.
and may contain information which is confidential and proprietary.
If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copying or distribution or use of
the contents of this message is expressly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please destroy it and notify
us immediately at 262-703-7000.

CAUTION:
Internet and e-mail communications are Kohl's property and Kohl's reserves the
right to retrieve and read any message created, sent and received.  Kohl's
reserves the right to monitor messages to or from authorized Kohl's Associates
at any time
without any further consent.