________________________________

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Axton
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 10:41 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Oracle LOB relocation

**

Slightly OT, but you may want to instruct your dba's to set the oracle
instance parameter 'cursor_sharing' to similar or force.  This will
greatly reduce the size requirements of oracle's shared pool and greatly
reduce hard parses.

This whitepaper covers some of the details:
http://documents.bmc.com/supportu/documents/78/31/67831/67831.pdf

My favorite quote from this doc: "Any application that uses all literals
without cursor sharing enabled is not a very scalable application."

Axton Grams