Short Answer: Vista is scheduled to be added to the compatibility matrix
for the WUT within the next 30-60 days.

Long Answer: The AR System 7.0.01 Remedy User Tool was tested on Vista
Beta 2 and found to behave as expected.  BMC is now testing with the GA
version of Vista to confirm that no additional changes were made to
Vista for final release.  Once this testing has completed - and assuming
no changes to Vista cause any issues with the Remedy User Tool - Vista
will be added to the compatibility matrix for the WUT.

BMC Remedy will not be testing the "Home" versions of Vista (i.e. Home
Premium and Home Basic).  The editions being tested are "Business",
"Enterprise" and "Ultimate".

The 7.0.01 Admin Tool is not being tested on Vista (and will thus not be
added to the 7.0.01 compatibility matrix), but will be tested during the
release cycle of the next minor version of AR System tentatively
scheduled for release in July '07.

To the best of my knowledge, the 7.0.01 WUT can be loaded on the
business editions of Vista today and tested against the 7.0.01 or 6.03
AR System server in preparation for the "official" addition of Vista to
the compatibility matrix.  I have not heard of any issues found in
testing so far that would force BMC to patch the WUT.  There's always
that chance, of course.

There are no plans to test the 6.03 WUT running on Vista.  Customers
wanting to use Vista will need to use the 7.0.01 (or later) WUT.
However, since the 7.0.01 WUT can connect to previous versions of AR
System (e.g. 6.03), customers will not need to upgrade the server to
7.0.01 to take advantage of clients running Vista.  Only the WUT would
need to be upgraded.

BTW, IE7 on Windows XP is already supported by 7.0.01 - and this is in
the compatibility matrix for 7.0.01 as per the footnote "(2) Unless
otherwise indicated, the version represents the minimum version
supported.  BMC will support a browser version at this level or above."
Since IE6 is listed as the minimum, IE7 is also supported.  There is a
known issue with tabbed browsing in IE7, however.  This can be seen (for
example) by doing the following:

1.
        Log into an AR System based application - for example, the
Incident Management Console in Service Desk
2.
        Open a second tab and navigate to another web page - for example
www.google.com <http://www.google.com/>
3.
        Switch back to the Incident Management Console and open up a
modal dialog box - for example, "Manage CI Information"
4.
        Leave the dialog box open and switch back to the Google tab
5.
        The dialog box will stay "on top" of the browser window,
obscuring the Google tab below it.  The dialog box can be moved or
minimized, allowing the tab below it to be accessed normally

The easiest workaround is not to use tabs.  You could also minimize the
dialog box after moving to the second tab or complete work in the dialog
box prior to switching to the second tab.  This issue does not seem to
occur in Firefox.  BMC is looking into what can be done to compensate
for this Microsoft behavior in a future release of AR System.

Also note that Vista <> Longhorn.  Vista is a client operating system.
Longhorn is Microsoft's next server operating system (They might change
the name before release...).  Therefore, AR System Server of Mid-Tier
will not be supported on Vista - just as the Server and Mid-Tier are not
supported on Windows XP.  Longhorn is scheduled to release at the end of
2007.  Support for Longhorn will be added to AR System server either in
an AR System release scheduled at the same time or, more likely, between
releases in the same manner that Vista will be added between releases.

-David J. Easter
Sr. Product Manager, Service Management Business Unit

BMC Software, Inc.