We opened ticket with Remedy because a couple of users (3 at this point) are no
longer able to user Office 2003 and are getting this error:
Microsoft [program] has not been installed for the current user.  Please run
set up to install the application.
In addition, we find that if a different user login to the affected machine,
that user is able to access the Office applications.
Two of users uninstalled v7.0.1 client and this this started to occur some time
after that. The 3rd user is not sure what version he uninstalled (v5.1.2 or
v6.3) but he now has the problem and says that he never attempted to uninstall
v7.0.1
Has anyone else seen this and has a fix for Office 2003? We have found and
Remedy has said that the only resolution is to rebuild the user's box.

thanks
Erica