HI all,

I was told that I need to upgrade the versions of Java running on my Mid
Tier and AR Server boxes for DST reasons. Now I have always been
confused as to what is needed by Remedy (SDK, JRE?). Our environment is
the following:

Server 1
Windows Server 2003
Running AR Server 7.0 and  AR Email 7.0
Java 2 Runtime SE 1.4.2_06

Server 2
Windows Server 2003 with IIS
Mid Tier 7.0.1 unpatched
Java 2 SDK and Java 2 Runtime Environment both version 1.4.2_07
Servlet Exec 5.0 AS

I know I need to get to 7.0.1 patch 1 but do I need to upgrade my Java
versions for DST. If so do I need both SDK and JRE or just one? Which
version? Do I need to upgrade my Servlet? I was told that if I upgrade
my Java I will need to uninstall and reinstall my servlet? Is that true?

Also if I am at ARServer 7.0 unpatched can I simply install patch 1 for
7.0.1 or must I first upgrade to 7.0.1 and then install the patch? Will
the patch upgrade the system? I am afraid it will not.

Sorry for so many questions and thanks in advance.

Brian Sokol
Manager, Desktop Services
Scholastic Inc.
557 Broadway