From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Susan Palmer
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2007 9:17 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: DST - another thing.

**
And .... why do we even do a time change  ????

Susan

On 2/23/07, Julio Verne Goncalves <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

        **
        G'day listers,

        I guess the problem is how to maintain DST starting and ending dates
for all cities around the world?

        DST observance is very often a city government decision. Even cities in
the same GMT differ in whether will observe DST and starting and end dates.

        There are lots of patches solely for DST purposes on all operating
systems.

        If you can, just take a look at the source files for TZ on Unix and you
will see the amount of comments from people all around the world on this
matter.

        At the end of the day the question is who would be spending the money
in keeping this information up to date to that level?

        JĂșlio