Yup.  I also found that sometimes I needed to restart the service (AR
System Server) myself because the installer didn't "notice" that its
restart had finished.  Note that I left the installer running.

The logs in %TEMP% are actually helpful in ITSM7 installs as well.  You
can watch the installer waiting for the server to come back, etc.

--
Tony Worthington
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Roger Justice <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
02/27/2007 01:32 PM
Please respond to
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
cc

Subject
Re: Conundrum - Installing ITSM 7 on 64-bit 2K3 server (AMD)

**
The problem I encountered was directly related to the install restarting
the ARS Service which then attempts to restart the email service and the
install not seeing the service start. We have done a couple of other ITSM
7 installs and by installing the email engine last the hang ups did not
occur.