you can create a table field that points to something the data can
reference, then turn that comma separated list into an external qual,
then walk that table to create the records.

For example, if your field contains companies, you may have a value like this:

BMC,HP,Sun

If you have a company table, point a table field at it, then convert
that list to an external qual using the replace function:

'Company' = "BMC" OR 'Company' = "HP" OR 'Company' = "Sun"

Then you can walk the table with a filter or active link guide.

Axton Grams