No, no patches.

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Matt Willis
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2007 10:50 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: java.lang.NullPointerException

Hi Janet,

We recently started getting a similar error, which we discovered was
related to a patched version of the MidTier.jar file. After installing a
new MidTier.jar, we started getting the error. Since we are on 7.0.0,
and the file was based on 7.0.1 code, this produced a conflict, and we
started getting the null pointer exception.

Have you recently installed any patches, or copied any updated java
files into your system?

Regards,
Matt Willis

---- "Mahan wrote:

=============
Can anyone tell me what is causing this error?  We are using the CA
single sign on and a mid tier on a separate server than our ARS server.
The mid tier is version 7.0.00,
Web Server Information  Apache/2.0.59 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.59
OpenSSL/0.9.8d ServletExecAS/5.0
Operating System Name   SunOS
Java Version    1.4.2_13

Our ARS server is unix 6.00.01 patch 1351, SunOS 5.9, Sybase 12.5.1/EBF
11657 ESD#2

The error is:

Error. The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it
from fulfilling the request.
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.remedy.arsys.goat.LocaleUtil.normalizeLocale(Unknown
Source)
        at com.remedy.arsys.goat.LocaleUtil.getLocale(Unknown Source)
        at
com.remedy.arsys.share.MessageTranslation.localTranslate(Unknown Source)
        at
com.remedy.arsys.share.MessageTranslation.getLocalizedErrorMessage(Unkno
wn Source)
        at com.remedy.arsys.goat.GoatException.getStatusInfo(Unknown
Source)
        at com.remedy.arsys.goat.GoatException.toString(Unknown Source)
        at com.remedy.arsys.goat.GoatException.toString(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.String.valueOf(String.java:2131)
        at java.io.PrintStream.print(PrintStream.java:462)
        at java.io.PrintStream.println(PrintStream.java:599)
        at java.lang.Throwable.printStackTrace(Throwable.java:461)
        at java.lang.Throwable.printStackTrace(Throwable.java:451)
        at
com.remedy.arsys.goat.preferences.ARUserPreferences.setPreferenceValue(U
nknown Source)
        at
com.remedy.arsys.goat.preferences.ARUserPreferences.clearAndLoadDefaultF
ields(Unknown Source)
        at
com.remedy.arsys.goat.preferences.ARUserPreferences.loadFromServer(Unkno
wn Source)
        at
com.remedy.arsys.goat.preferences.ARUserPreferences.addConfiguredPrefere
nces(Unknown Source)
        at com.remedy.arsys.goat.preferences.ARUserPreferences.(Unknown
Source)
        at
com.remedy.arsys.goat.preferences.ARUserPreferences.getUserPreferences(U
nknown Source)
        at com.remedy.arsys.stubs.SessionData.(Unknown Source)
        at com.remedy.arsys.stubs.SessionData.(Unknown Source)
        at com.remedy.arsys.session.Login.initSession(Unknown Source)
        at com.remedy.arsys.session.Login.establishSession(Unknown
Source)
        at com.remedy.arsys.session.Login.establishSession(Unknown
Source)
        at com.remedy.arsys.stubs.GoatServlet.postInternal(Unknown
Source)
        at com.remedy.arsys.stubs.GoatHttpServlet.doGet(Unknown Source)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:743)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
        at
com.newatlanta.servletexec.SERequestDispatcher.forwardServlet(SERequestD
ispatcher.java:638)
        at
com.newatlanta.servletexec.SERequestDispatcher.forward(SERequestDispatch
er.java:236)
        at
com.newatlanta.servletexec.SERequestDispatcher.internalForward(SERequest
Dispatcher.java:283)
        at
com.newatlanta.servletexec.ApplicationInfo.processApplRequest(Applicatio
nInfo.java:1809)
        at
com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServerHostInfo.processApplRequest(ServerHostI
nfo.java:898)
        at
com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.ProcessRequest(ServletExec.java:1
081)

at
com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.ProcessRequest(ServletExec.java:9
63)
        at
com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExecService.processServletRequest(Serv
letExecService.java:167)
        at
com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExecService.Run(ServletExecService.jav
a:204)
        at
com.newatlanta.servletexec.HttpServerRequest.run(HttpServerRequest.java:
486)

Occasionally, I can get it to work but I don't know why!  I need it to
work by in the morning if you have any ideas.

Thanks,

Janet L Mahan
941.766.6199
EMBARQ(tm) - Lnt-Natlnetops-Intelligenetsvc
 Network Systems Admr II