Roger,

We found that the User Tool must NOT have a TZ setting value for the
values to be correct for the 2007 DST range. That lack of a setting
however also makes the pre 2007 DST values display incorrectly too.
(So pick your poison.)

We added two active links (Only for the User Tool because our Mid-Tier
v6.3 patch 21 appears to be ok with or without a client TZ setting.)
to our major forms that use a combination of the following workflow...

AL #1:
zTemp = $PROCESS$ PERFORM-ACTION-GET-PREFERENCE 20123

AL #2:
if zTemp != NULL
--> Message "Your Time Zone setting was found to have a value. Please
review the following information..."
 Then we do a Run Process: PERFORM-ACTION-OPEN-URL new "http....."
 To open a quick PDF that we put together to show the user how to
clear the setting.

We also tried to use the GET/SET preference commands, but they
appeared to not become effected for the User Tool until the user
logged out and back in. Sigh. But the user doing it via
Tools-->Options did become effective immediately. So we opted to let
the user set the setting.

HTH

--
Carey Matthew Black