Wow, still no response..... I wonder what would happen if our helpdesk
people had this response time? Four days and I've not even had them
suggest anything!

-----Original Message-----
From: Opela, Gary L Contr OC-ALC/ITMA
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2007 2:06 PM
To: 'arslist@ARSLIST.ORG'
Subject: RE: Who's in charge of support at BMC? (U)

<The following is strictly my opinion and they do not reflect the
feelings of my employer>

Okay, I agree that the top level support is great and all, but they
should at least hold to their level of support for which we're paying.

Example:

I opened a ticket with Remedy on Tuesday Morning at 9:37 AM regarding
some database connectivity issues I've been having (See thread entitled
"MS SQL Linked Server error" for full information).

They did not respond until the next day. I got to work on Wednesday at
7:00 and there was an email from them asking for, guess what, log files.

Note that in my original emails, I had pasted the errors I was seeing,
so they would not have anything to find in the log files. Additionally,
in my original email, I had stated that this was affecting my entire
user base.

So, I sent them the files at 7:37AM on Wednesday. I wait all day,
nothing.. I get to work this morning, and still nothing! I emailed them
back and said their response time was not acceptable and asked that they
elevate the priority of the ticket. That was at 7:47 AM this morning.

They still have yet to respond. So, now I'm 4 days into the issue, and
it's 2.5 days since I opened the ticket, and where am I? My users still
cannot use a core functionality of their application!

Now, granted, the issue may or may not be with remedy, but remedy is the
only thing that is being affected. I can use all of the functionality
directly within SQL Server Enterprise Manager and Query tool, but only
remedy is experiencing issues.

I pay for support, I expect to get support, not a generic canned
response asking me for data which I've already provided just so they can
put me on the ignore list!

David, I hope you read this and take it to heart. You have a large
customer base that is not happy.

I hope you guys realize that due to your less than acceptable level of
support, you are going to lose customers. There are other products out
there that, while they may not be as good as remedy, have good enough
support to make it worth it!

Remedy, although it is great, is of no use to me if I cannot get it to
work!