Suddha,

How much time does this program take to complete?
How does that value compare to the ARS Server Timeout setting for
Process Timeout?

--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)

Love, then teach
Solution = People + Process + Tools
Fast, Accurate, Cheap.... Pick two.

On 3/23/07, Suddhasil sircar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
**

Hi Listers,

I am having problems calling a C API from an Active Link. The main function
of my C program returns an integer value. I am using the printf statement as
stdout. After the program executes, I am trying to gather the output of the
c program and set it to a field ($PROCESS$ @<server name> : <program name
with path>). But every time I am getting this error:

ARERR [39] Filter/escalation 'set field' process timed out before completion
(value not changed)

Set fields active link running a process failed (ARERR 1603)

Did anyone encounter this problem before? The program is running fine from
command prompt.

I am using Remedy version 6.3

Thanks,

Suddha __20060125_______________________This posting was