-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tony Worthington
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2007 12:39 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: DST Date/Time in a Table field on the Web Error

I have the same issues with a similar environment.  My issue applies to
regular date/time fields via mid-tier as well.  This is an ITSM7 QA
system, so I haven't been too concerned and thought I missed something
with the DST patches.

Mostly same versions of ARS except Mid-Tier at 7.0.1 patch 001, Tomcat
5,
Java 1.5.11, Win2k3 and Oracle 10.2.0.3.0

My dates are correct in the User Tool, and 1 hr behind on the web.

I have also proceeded to re-check all of my DST work (ARS/OS/Java) and
ensured nothing was missed.  I've yet to go the route of setting TZ on
the
server and some of the other workarounds because I assumed since I
followed BMC's whitepaper I was compliant.

Interesting... and an issue that I need to resolve before "old" DST
starts
as I can imagine the issue will be gone, then rear its ugly head next
year.

Do all of your date/time appearances show this behavior or just dates in

columns on joins?

-tony

--
Tony Worthington
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Matthew Perrault <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
03/23/2007 12:20 PM
Please respond to
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
cc

Subject
DST Date/Time in a Table field on the Web Error

All,
Environment:
AR User:   7.0.00 Patch 001
AR Server: 7.0.01 Patch 001 200701111654
Mid-Tier:  7.0.00 Patch 001 200605201549
Java JRE:  1.4.2 Patch 13
IIS
Windows 2K
MS-SQL

Ok, I've got a Join-form with a Date/Time field on it. I created a
record on one of the base forms after the DST change/patches.
When I open the Form in the User too, the Date/Time field shows the
correct time. Yet when I open the Join Form on the Web the Date/Time
field in the Results List table at the top shows the time off by an hour
(1 Hour back).

For Example the value in the field on the base form as well as the
Join-form, when opened in the User Tool shows:
3/16/2007 10:32:44 AM

When opened in the Web, the Column in the Results List table field
shows:
3/16/2007 9:32:44 AM

I've checked the Registry entries on the Server and they look good.
The Mid-Tier runs on the same server as the ARS Service and the time on
the Server looks good. The Server team has patched the Server as well.
We've tested the Java Engine, and that appears ok, and DST compliant.
I have added my TimeZone to my User Preferences, taken it off and that
did not make any difference.

The strange thing is, that records that were created before the DST time
change show the correct Date/Time in both the User and Web.
Records created AFTER the DST patch show the time off by an hour.

The Mid-Tier and AR Server are both in the same time-zone as I am.
So my questions are:
1) What could be causing this?
2) Is anyone else experiencing this?
3) Any Suggestions on how to fix this or where to look?

Thanks,
Matt

the Answers Are"

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This is a transmission from Kohl's Department Stores, Inc.
and may contain information which is confidential and proprietary.
If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copying or distribution or
use of the contents of this message is expressly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please destroy it and
notify us immediately at 262-703-7000.

CAUTION:
Internet and e-mail communications are Kohl's property and Kohl's
reserves the right to retrieve and read any message created, sent and
received.  Kohl's reserves the right to monitor messages to or from
authorized Kohl's Associates at any time
without any further consent.