Radhika,

Actually I took the Remedy Approved Consultant course back in
September 2006. I took different Remedy classes over the years, and
only needed 2 weeks in class before I could enroll in the RAC course:
* Admin 5.x part 1 (wbt, 4 hrs)
* Admin 5.x part 2 (4 or 5 days) back in spring 2004
* Performance Tuning &^Troubleshooting (2 days) together with:
* Application Requirements Analysis, Design & Development (3 days) in Nov 2005
and finally the RAC course (4 days) in Sep 2006.

I understand that in the mean time there is a Admin part 3 class (did
not exist at the time) which adds another 5 days.
And of course I would not advice one to take all classes in a month's
time without any real-life AR System experience, that imo would not be
beneficial. I must say that the RADD class did contain lots of stuff
that is generic to application development and that is mostly covered
in IT studies on colleges, but all in all I feel most classes contain
valuable information, even for administrators with experience.

I can understand that for people who are working for years and years
it will be frustrating to be forced to attend all the classes before
you will be allowed in an RSP or RAC certification. Maybe if you would
gather with some peers and discuss with Remedy they would be willing
to allow a 'AR System Veterans class' into the RSP exam without all
the prereqs?

By the way, there is to this day no certification available for ITSM.
And ITSM is getting more and more complicated... I know people who
took the Admin pt 2 training and the next week were dropped at a
customer and had to install and explain ITSM  and CMDB... that's
something  completely different! Needless to say that was not a great
experience.

To answer your questions:
1. Could you please tell me what is the course pattern and examination
pattern ?
there is no course in the RAC program, it is just 4 days of exams!

2. How long each ?
all day! and unlike the other courses I was on, most of us were
only taking really short breaks because it was a lot of work.

3. Which version ? ARS 7.0.1 or 6.3 ? (Say in May 2007)
Only v6 RAC is available at this moment, Remedy is updating its
courses for a while now, I do not have any idea when v7 RAC or RSP
certification will be available. Contact the Remedy Education
department I guess.
If you would take a RAC on v6, you can update it to v7 by taking the
v7 What's New webcast (6hrs)

4. Descriptive Answers for Questions or Objective Questions ?
We had to participate in a requirements session, create a
requirements document (if I remember 1 day in total), create a
technical design (1 day), build your application (1 day) then create a
presentation for it and finally written test (all on the last day)

5. For the application development exercise in RAC , do they provide a
PC with Remedy installed ready for us to develop an      application ?
So, I don't have to carry a laptop, do I ?
I can only speak for the course which I  took in London, but I'm
pretty sure there are pre-installed PC's available and you won't have
to bring your own.

6. Found an arslist thread on ATS. Thanks to Hall Chad - chahal. Do RAC
candidates also have access to web/books during
 the course ?
Yes, we did. Books from RADD and P&T and so are available in the
class room, but I guess you could bring your own if you like. Of
course there's also the on-line help available.

7. Is RAC an examination from day 1 or does it have training class(es)
too ?
it is four days of examination, there's no training... of course,
all in all it is another experience from which you will learn as
well....

8. Should the application developed for RAC touch all the features
offered by Remedy such as API,Flashboards,host Web  Services & consume
with a .NET/Java Application,Incoming Email engine, customize .css ...?
Or would it be on core ARS?
It is mostly core ARS (server & mid-tier), but if you would use
some other new and advanced features you would get extra points

9. RAC: Would the application allotted to us be technically complex ,
say for ex., Financial Accounting System or a general topic like
Purchase Order Module ?
it is just a general topic, so you would not have to know a lot
about a market like financial accounting, but it contains a wide range
of problems.

10. RAC: Should I submit a Requirements Spec, Technical Design document,
unit test cases to instructor before  proceeding with the development ?
Yes, but you do not get feedback on them... you would need to
create your technical design document not based on your own
requirements spec but of one supplied by the instructor on day 2. Also
for the application, you would not have to build it according to your
own technical design document, but based on one supplied by the
instructor on day 3.

11. RAC: Should I bear in mind to limit the scope of my
requirements/design to what I can complete in the given time
  without trying to be over-ambitious ?
Yes, that would be helpful! (just as in real life...)

12. Any other useful tips ?

I hope this will be of use to you. In case you have any questions,
please feel free to ask.

Kind regards,

Michiel Beijen
Mansolutions BSM
The Netherlands

A request to those of you who have appeared for RAC / ATS Certificate
courses from BMC or is aware of it.

[...]

Thanks in advance.

Radhika
Direct : +44 20718 20262