  From: Heider, Stephen
  Newsgroups: public.remedy.arsystem.general
  To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
  Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 5:03 AM
  Subject: Re: .Net Server Login issue

  **
  Bill,

  Here are a few questions that may help you narrow down the cause.  HTH.

  Are you using Visual Studio 2003 or 2005?  Are you using Vista?  Are you
using a 64-bit version of Windows?

  Have you tried creating a .Net Console application that just: logs into
Remedy, outputs a GUID (for example) to the screen, then logs out?   If you can
get this to work at the console then it could be what you have suggested -
either the ASP.Net configuration or the .Net API installation.

  To possibly eliminate the API installation, try going through the Uninstall
steps listed in the API readme, reboot, then reinstall the API.  Are you using
the latest ARS .Net API?

  Does your installation of ASP.Net work fine with every other project?  Is
your ASP.Net installation setup to default to use .Net Framework 2.0 or 1.1?

  If you don't have a lot of ASP.Net web apps already setup on your computer,
one thing to try is to uninstall ASP.Net, reboot, then reinstall. This may
clear up a few settings that may be missing or need resetting.

  Finally, as a long shot, are you using a firewall other than the Windows
Firewall?  If so, try shutting down the firewall to test.  Of course, if you
are connected directly to the internet and not behind a router, unplug your
network cable first while the firewall is disabled.

  Stephen