This instruction has been in arinstall script as long as I can remember.

They mean that you need to manually edit the script that automatically
start arsystem if the server restarts.

The startup file is probably in /etc/init.d/arsystem. A better
solution is to link /etc/init.d/arsystem to
/<your_install>/bin/arsystem. Then you only has one place to modify

--
Jarl