-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rabi Tripathi
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2007 7:56 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Performance Issue with Active Links- Reg.,

Vinod:
It makes sense that Helpdesk form's objects open relatively slower than
smaller forms'.

The question is whether 100 seconds is reasobable for your setup or not. No
way to judge that without details of what you mean by...

...from a "remote" machine

What do you mean by "remote"? What's the link between the client and the
server? Dialup, LAN, WAN? VPN?

You essentially need to think of the link between your client and the server
as a pipe with numerous links in series and figure out whether it's
choking...your client PC, your local network, remote network, server
(hardware, software setup, database)?

Use basic elimination techniques to rule out what is
*not* a problem and look at the remaining suspects more closely. For
example, if access through Remedy User from the same client PC is rather
fast, the network is likely not an issue. If access using Remedy admin on
the server itself is fast, then server side stuff including database is not
an issue. Also, is it slow for others in your local network..for others in
some other network? You get the idea. Another important question is whether
it suddenly become slow or it has always been like this.

If you want listers to point out the suspect, you will need to post details
of you client PC, the network, the server hardware, the database details,
concurrent user load etc.

The last time I saw unusually slow opening of objects was when somebody had
hacked into the underlying database to change the last modified date of all
the objects and set them to some future date by mistake.
Very unusual issue, **most likely irrelevant to you**.

Sorry, I can't tell you exactly what the issue is in your environment. There
is no substitute to following basic troubleshooting steps.

Regards.