-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Andrew Hicox
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 9:30 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: ARS7 & Matching Assignee Group field

Hello everyone:

In ARS7 you can use the 'Assignee Group' (field id 112) field to
control access to records (row-level locking). If you grant the
'Assignee Group' permission on the 'entry id' field, then only users
who are in the group specified in the 'Assignee Group' field are
granted permission to view the record.

This works just fine for me. However, I need to make this work with
multiple groups.
Specifically, the requirement is that a user must be in ALL of the
groups listed in the 'Assignee Group' field, to have access to the
ticket.

So for instance if 'Assignee Group' = "Group1 Group2 Group3", a user
must be in all three groups to view the ticket (instead of just one of
the three, which is apparently the default multiple group behavior).

Strangely enough, I can "trick" ARS into doing this with the following
one-off procedure ...

1) check 'Enable Multiple Assign Groups' in "Server Information"
dialogue, click "Apply"
2) create a ticket with multiple groups in the 'Assignee Group' field
3) uncheck 'Enable Multiple Assign Groups'

Under those circumstances, ARS7 will behave exactly the way I want it
to. That is, a user must be in ALL of the groups in the 'Assignee
Group' field to view the ticket.

However, I can't make any new tickets like this while it's in the "AND"
matching mode (instead of "OR"). ARS7 gives me an error if I try to
create tickets with multiple groups in the 'Assignee Group' field,
unless the 'Enable Multiple Assign Groups'  is enabled.

If 'Enable Multiple Assign Groups' is enabled, ARS7 uses "OR" to match
the 'Assignee Group' field (user can be in any one of the groups).

ARS7 will only use "AND" to match the 'Assignee Group' field (user has
to be in ALL groups) if 'Enable Multiple Assign Groups' is turned off.

How can I just tell ARS7 to use "AND" to match the multiple assignee
groups instead of OR (as it does when the feature is turned off?)

PLEASE HELP!
I'm pulling my hair out on this one!

Thanks,

-Andrew

the Answers Are"

proprietary, or otherwise private information.  If you have received it in
error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original.  Any other
use of the email by you is prohibited.