-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Vyom Labs - ITSM Support
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2007 10:14 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Lowercase question

Yes, we can force a user to log in in lowercase only.For that Open BMC
Remedy Admin.open USER Form.
Go to the LOgin Name Field,Double click and go to the Attributes tab,
and select Keyword $LOWER$.

Thanks,
Vipin

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

www.vyomlabs.com
Consulting | Oursourcing | Training || BMC Remedy BSM | ITIL | IT
Governance

Grooms, Frederick W wrote:
> We do it in the login.jsp by adding
>    onChange="javascript:this.value = this.value.toLowerCase();"
> to the input for the username just before the > that closes the input
>
> As long as the data in the user form for the login name is in lower
case
> the users will have to enter it in the User tool that way.  We added a
> filter to the User form (and people form if you have it) on
> Submit,Modify,Merge to force the data into lowercase.
>
> Fred

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
>> **
>>
>> Question on user's logging in.  Has anyone come up with a good way to
>>
> force a user to log in lowercase only?  Thanks!
>
>> ARS 7.0.1, SQL2K, Win2K3 servers
>>
>> Dave Drake | Remedy Administrator | Cerner Corporation - CernerWorks
|

> 816-201-1823 | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | www.cerner.com

ARSlist:"Where the Answers Are"