-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Timothy Powell
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2007 8:03 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: SHR:Consolidated List- Archiving.

I disagree. When a Helpdesk or Change (Main Change or Task) request is
created, a copy of that record is created in the SHR:ConsolidatedList
(SHR:ConList) form. Out-of-Box, the Assigned Requests table (tbl_Requests)
on the consoles are querying against the SHR:ConList form, and is qualified
to show only "open" requests (Status < Resolved). Once a request is
resolved, it is no longer displayed in the table. By rule, Resolved requests
can be re-opened by support staff or the requester at any time. However,
once a ticket goes to a status of Closed, by rule (enforced by filter) the
ticket cannot be re-opened by anybody (except an Administrator). So Closed
tickets being re-opened is rare since it is generally bad process AND
regular end users are prohibited by filter enforcement.

We archive off our SHR:ConList records where the status is Closed and it has
been over 30 days since the Closed status was committed. We have had no ill
effects as a result. As a matter of fact, we saw a marked increase in speed
when loading the Assigned Requests tables on the consoles. The tables are
qualified such that a table scan results when you refresh the Assigned
Requests table, and now that we don't have nearly as many records for that
scan to process, it's much faster.

We did cover our bases and added a new filter that creates a new SHR:ConList
record in the very rare instance that a Closed HD or CHG record is
re-opened.

HTH,
Tim