Hello,

Our XML Gateway product will perform all the T table/C column translations for
you and allow you to access data many times faster than you'll ever acheive
through Remedy. In fact, I hear the guys at eBay are doing precisely so.
While I think the writing of data is a little more tricky (only because it
requires more thought), it's still entirely possible.

Of course, any ODBC/JDBC driver can access Remedy data but the T table/C
column prefixes make life far more complex. Writing:

SELECT a.C1, b.C2, c.C341 FROM T141 a, T581 b, T185 c WHERE b.C2=c.C341

is far more effort than:

SELECT "Change ID+", "Type, "Item", FROM "CHG:Change"

etc.

For selecting data rapidly when you've got a lot of data, using Remedy isn't
entirely sensible. Something like an AJAX 'search as I type' feature on a
website just isn't going to happen if you can't query the database directly.
Which is why one of our customers is busy performing AJAX based searches
against an XML Gateway that's querying a Remedy database directly (albeit a
copy).

John Baker

Java System Solutions : http://www.javasystemsolutions.com