When I have had to construct these types of searches, you end up putting
the user in a bit of a crunch, and end up developing a form that builds
the 'advanced search string' for the table qualification. (This AND
That) AND (Something OR Nothing)

For a simple "AND" construct a AL Guide and a run-if for each of the
search fields with <field> != NULL then Append to Search Criteria

To avoid this "development overhead", I have generally elected to create
a "SEARCH VIEW" on the storage table, and just link into that view with
what ever buttons open that form.

The Reason is Users are Users, and understand how to use the "Advanced
Search" option, which then gets me out of coding a complex setup to
allow them to do complex searches!

On the view you can easily add a button to "open the ticket" which will
open the appropriate form (hopefully $SCHEMA$ was stored in the
ALLTickets for ease of use) in Modify / Dialog / etc based upon the
requirements

Thanks-n-advance;

HDT Platform Incident / Problem Manager & Architect
Robert Molenda
IT OS PA
Tel: +1 408 503 2701
Fax: +1 408 503 2912